Wednesday, May 16, 2007

golf

I went to play golf with my husband last Sunday. It was the first time for me to play the 18-hole course. It was a nice day and the green grass was beautiful.

There is a 9- hole course behind our apartment, so we sometimes practice at the driving range and play the 9-hole course. He began to play golf here and I began to go with him. He looks absorbed in golf, but I can not understand the fun yet.
When we go to the half-course, he always says "Don't be depressed when your hit is not good, OK?" I always answer "Yes, OK!" But I always go mad during playing. I hate myself doing like that but I can't stop it. Every time I think it is going to be better next time, but so far it is not.

Anyway last Sunday I tried to play 18-hole course. He asked the same question as usual and I answered yes. His condition was very good, but mine was getting lower from the 7th hole. Though I was depressed as usual, I could change my mood from the 10th hole and could enjoy playing. My score was awful, you can imagine, but I enjoyed very much.

It looked easy to play golf before, but now I understood how difficult to cup in with a few hits and to keep concentration during the whole holes. I hope I can understand the fun someday.

No comments: