Thursday, May 3, 2007

Ole!

I went to The Children's Museum to see the performances of my flamenco class on April 29. I did not perform this time, because I could not do some of the dances. I should practice more!

At the museum there was the event of "El Dia de los Ninos". It means "The day of Children". It was crowded with many families and I could hear Spanish everywhere. There was no admission fee for the event, and we could see many Latin performances there. My flamenca members had performed 3 stages. I saw the last one, and they were great! I felt everyone enjoyed seeing it.

Music and dances are very interesting. Every culture has their own music and dances, and people live with the rhythm which has run through the culture for a long time. They have changed little by little but the roots still remain.

I was happy to feel their pride of the culture, and I was impressed with their energetic spirits.

No comments: