Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Natalie

One of my friends left from Indianapolis yesterday.
She is from Martinique. It is the Island in the eastern Caribbean Sea and it is an overseas department of France. She took the internship program at the company my husband works with. We met each other 5 month ago. Her first language is of course French, but she can speak English fluently because she taught English in Martinique. She had worked weekdays, so we sometimes spent the weekend talking and drinking.
Actually she is a young beautiful girl, especially the color of her eyes is attractive. I did not know any people from the Caribbean Islands when I was in Japan, so I learned many things about the Caribbean from her. I learned the word 'Creole' when I was a junior high school student, but it was just a word and I had forgotten the meaning of it. She explained me what 'Creole' is and showed me some Creole cuisine recipes. They often use fish, bananas and coconuts and lime. She also said there are many kinds of tasty rum in Martinique. hm mm... I have to try them! I did not understand French words of the recipes, so she will send me one of her favorite recipes by email.

She went back to France where her mother lives. I think she had good experiences and learned a lot here. I wish her happiness and believe we will meet some day. I miss you so much, Natalie!

No comments: