Wednesday, January 16, 2008

It has been long time since I haven't written...

I wish you had spent a good holiday season and get used to your daily life.
I have not written my diary for a long time, so I want to write about my memories for the summer vacation, thanksgiving and Christmas.

At first, about my summer trip to Japan.
I went to Japan from July 31st to August 23rd. There was the Buddhist memorial service for 7Th year of my father's death and 23rd year of my grand mother's. It was held in Nara where my parents were born. They left there before I was born, so for me Nara is a hometown of my parents. But my family often visited there to see my grandparents and our relatives, so there are a lot of memories there for us. After the memorial service, my mother and I cleaned up my grandfather's house where no one had lived since he died. It has been kept as it was. It is an old Japanese traditional house and had lots of spaces for storage and huge amounts of things were stuffed there. We threw away almost everything, but we have to separate garbage according to the type. It was wired but it makes us mad but it was necessary for the environment. Anyway we managed to make it thanks to our relative's help.
Nara is very famous because there are many historic places and many tourists visit there. Horyuji Temple is one of the world heritage site and the oldest wooden building in the world. Actually it is very beautiful.

No comments: