Friday, February 23, 2007

snow snow

Last week we had a Winter Storm here.
I had never experienced such heavy snow in my life.
I admired the snowscape from the window, it was amazing!

In Tokyo, there are some snow days in winter time, but the quality and quantity of the snow is totally different from here. It is more humid in Tokyo. Here it is powdery and I like it.
But my English teacher, Frank, told me they have the humid snow here, too. Such a snow ruins our power, because some of them are on or above the ground and they can not stand the weight of the humid snow. It sounds terrible..

My husband suffered from the snow this time.
On St. Valentine's Day he had to go to N.Y. for a business trip.
He checked his flight on the website. The schedule had not changed at that time, so he arrived at the airport at 6:00 a.m.
As you might guess, he had to stay there for 12 hours before he could catch the flight to Philadelphia and he arrived in N.Y. the next morning.

I tried to make aprons and pouches while I could not go out because of the snow.
Here they are. I want to give them to special friends!






No comments: